Disciplinary Action Procedure
The Griffith Kart Club Committee have adopted a Disciplinary Action process based on our Constitution as follows:
Complaint Procedure – Against a Member
- A complaint can be made to any member of the Committee.
- The Committee member will take the complaint to the President for discussion.
- A verbal warning will be given. Two committee members, one being the club President, will be required to sign off prior to a warning being given.
- The Committee will discuss the issue and a formal email warning will be sent to the member. A copy of this warning will be sent to Committee members.
- The email will advise the complaint made and advise the member that they have 14 days to respond via phone with the President, or by email to the Secretary.
- The committee will meet to review and discuss this response. A vote will be taken and the warning will then either stand or be removed.
- Only one warning will be given with the next incident resulting in suspension or expulsion from the club.
- Should a second incident occur, the committee will collect evidence and meet to review and discuss the incident. A vote will be taken to either suspend the member for a period of time or expel the member.
- During the suspension/expulsion period, the member will not be allowed on GKC grounds for any reason. This only applies to the member and does not include their family members.
- Members are advised to review the procedures outlined in the Griffith Kart Club Constitution for further information – Section 11 Disciplining of Members and Section 12 Right of Appeal.
- A member will be unable to use their Karting NSW license whilst under suspension or expulsion from the Griffith Kart Club. The member will be required to join another club for it to be valid.
Complaint Procedure – Against a Committee Member
As per Points 1-11, however the Committee Member in question will be excluded from Committee discussions through Points 1-11.
Complaint Procedure – Against the Club President
As per Points 1-11, however the Vice President or Junior Vice President will replace the President in Point 2, 3 & 5. The President will be excluded from Committee discussions through Points 1-11.