Get a Licence
The Griffith Kart Club welcomes everyone to participate in and affordable and exciting motorsport. The first thing you need to do is to get a licence. Take a look at the following steps for an insight into the application process.
How to apply for a Karting New South Wales Licence and Griffith Kart Club Membership
- Access the Karting NSW website www.kartsportnsw.com.au
- Click on “Manage your Licence” then “New Licence Application”.
- Complete all the mandatory fields.
- Select the type of licence applying for.
- Select “Griffith Kart Club” in club details.
- Fill out payment details.
- If possible, attach an electronic photo in Passport photo section
- Select the applicable conditions then click the “Next” button.
- Complete the Medical Declaration page then click “Next” button.
- Contact the Griffith Kart Club Licencing officer Peter Prendergast if you have any trouble doing your application
Required Documentation: (to be given to Licencing Officer, Griffith Kart Club if you are unable to complete it online)
- Application with reference number, signed by applicant – If under 18, a parent will need to sign.
- Passport photo (if not supplied via on-line application).
- Copy of Birth Certificate (if under 18) or Drivers Licence (Over 18).
- Medical Certificate and Letter from Doctor (if over 60).
- Cheque/cash (if selected) for your club membership fees (cheque made out to Griffith Kart Club Inc.)
- If you paid the licence application fee on-line via credit card, you just need to pay your club membership.
- Club membership application form, signed.
- Before the licence application can be processed, you must complete a Safety Assessment.
- Once this is done, the application can be processed and approved by Karting NSW.
- All the above documentation must be completed and approved before your licence process is complete. An email will be sent to you by Karting NSW. You cannot practice at the GKC circuit until you receive notification that the licence is APPROVED.
- If the licence holder wishes to race, they will be required to complete an OLT (Observed Licence Test) this involves a theory session and a short track day. For under 18’s, parents will need to be present.
- The purpose of the OLT for new members who wish to race, and is to ensure that we meet our obligations to comply with various Karting New South Wales requirements and that you understand your obligations whilst participating as a member of this club and as an licence holder.
- Note that a Practice licence holder is unable to enter a race meeting.